Well, it's been 7 months. Might as well let you know what I've been up to.
- I grew a beard, then shaved it off, then grew it again, over and over and over again.
- I moved from my apartment in Cleveland Park to an apartment I'm sharing with my friend, Drew, in The Center of Cool DC (i.e., the 14th St. Corridor between Logan Circle and U St.).
- I obsessed over Foursquare and Twitter and Google Reader (and, related to these things, Fojol Brothers, ChurchKey, Google Wave, and Android). These obsessions have yet to wane, and indeed I have managed to infect many other people (but not enough!) with them.
- I went to Spain and ate all of that country's pork and foie gras.
- I listened to the same music as ever--Daft Punk, Kanye West, Chromeo, Ratatat, the Old 97's, Lily Allen, Lil Wayne, and Michael Jackson's "Beat It"--on a continuously rotating basis.
- I relished the most recent seasons of Lost and Mad Men, and have so far found the current season of Top Chef to be a very enjoyable return to form. Dollhouse was as good as it could possibly be, but that actually wasn't very good at all--it was a fundamentally flawed show that richly deserves cancellation.
- The Redskins went 2-6 against the easiest first-half schedule in the history of the NFL, because the owner refuses to hire professionals to manage the team and let them make football decisions. But then they won one game, and now everyone loves them again!
- Obviously, I completely lost the habit of posting anything on my blog. This may be permanent, although I would like to get back to it (even though, as I may explain in a forthcoming blog post, Twitter + Google Reader have essentially replaced whatever meager benefits I used to get out of having a blog).
And... that's all, folks. See you again in 2010!